POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Problem with motion blurred lights : Problem with motion blurred lights Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:14:20 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with motion blurred lights
From: Francois Dispot
Date: 25 Apr 2000 18:22:34
Message: <39061AA7.9D7EC7FE@club-internet.fr>
It seems that the current motion blurring system has a problem with
moving lights. The effect is cummulative and not averaged. I mean that a
light sampled 10 times will shine 10 times more than a static one. The
workaround is quite obvious: dividing the original intensity of moving
lights by the number of samples gives the expected result.

Another (related) point is that memory consumption due to light buffers
literally explodes with this method. I am not familiar with the
fundamentals of light buffers (although I noted that they speed up the
rendering while consuming an incredible amount of memory in big scenes).

--